Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Don't Cry Over Spilled Nail Polish on the Berber in the Bedroom

Sally Hansen, why have you done this to me?  I just wanted corally/pink toes, that's all!

I was sitting on the carpet in my bedroom painting my toenails (the nail polish bottle was sitting in a more precarious manner) and flinched suddenly.  Splat.  Wavelength (I am referring to Sally's chosen name for this color) in a 2-inch line sinking fast into the Berber.

Sheer panic!  I tried blotting it up with paper towels and that just pushed it in deeper.  I quickly googled some carpet cleaning companies to call for advice, but they were all, "um, I don't know if we can get that out."  Well if they can't, who can?  I hung up on one of them and started blotting the spot with nail polish remover.  That makes sense, right?  Not really.  Now I have a larger mottled stain with a lightness around it.  Crap on a crapper!  This is a disaster!

I called the carpet cleaning company back and they will be coming over tomorrow to assess the sitch.  Basically they'll spray some dry chemical on it and we'll sit back and watch for results.

I texted my husband who was out of town on business and in return I got a sad face.  That's all.  I don't know what that means.  I think I'm in trouble.

And Wavelength is in the trash.  I don't think I can ever wear it again.


2 comments:

  1. Sally Hansen should have provided you with the paper plate nail polish tray. I think you should send her the bill for the carpet cleaning.

    Oh and as for the husband let's not read too much into it YET! He may have been busy and all he could do under the table was two characters. You are taking care of things he should be amazed at your resourcefulness. That had to be one of the reasons he married you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll see if I can find Sally's address in the phonebook. She's got it coming! The husband wouldn't even acknowledge the stain when he got home. That's a good thing! The hard working carpet cleaners with gages in their ears managed to get the nail polish stain out, however, the carpet looks dirtier in general since their departure. Kind of like big circles of dirt scattered around the room. We may be putting in tile floors before we planned on!.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete